30 things by 30.
Glamour recently released a book based on a 1997 story in its magazine called “30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She’s 30.”
I’m turning 28 this year. And I’m not one to base my life decisions on something printed in a women’s magazine, but it’s fun to dive into the list and mentally check off what applies to me. A short excerpt from the list:
By 30, you should have…
- One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
- A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
- Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
- A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
- A youth you’re content to move beyond.
You get the idea. You can check out the rest of the list here.